How to Choose a Garage Door Opener
Genesis makes it very easy to choose a quiet and reliable garage door. Our focus is the 80% of the residential garage door market. We offer the two best drive systems: chain drive and belt drive and we build our line with quiet, strong, reliable, and energy efficient DC drive motors. This system has fewer parts to fail and is a very simple system compared to the openers of yesterday. Solid state electronics and all the safety features to be ETL Listed and UL 325 Compliant.
DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON GARAGE DOOR OPENER COMPARISON GUIDES. Genesis doesn't think it should be so difficult to select the model that is right for you.
DC Motor vs. AC Motor
DC motors are quieter and feature fewer parts so that it is compact and lowers the possibility of something going wrong with the design. All Genesis openers are DC drive motors for the best and quietist operation. 1/2 Horsepower is more than enough for most residential garage doors and can sustain up to 400 pounds.
Screw Drive vs. Chain Drive vs. Belt Drive
Which One Should You Choose?
SCREW DRIVE/ OTHER: Genesis does not make a screw drive model because homeowners of the years would complain about dripping grease on cars and garage floors from the screw driven machines. Some would even freeze in the cold. Since the Genesis chain drive is quieter and smoother, we decided to stay with the two most popular models, the chain drive and the belt drive.
CHAIN DRIVE 725 MODEL: The chain drive model has been the most manufactured model in history because it is reliable and most standard model. They have always been priced right and provided years of dependable operation. The down side was they are also the louder model because of the AC motor. Genesis builds their chain drive with DC quiet power motors. The DC motor chain drives maintain the right price and are made to require low maintenance and quiet operation. Genesis gives you more value in an entry level garage door opener than any other brand.
BELT DRIVE 750/ 777 MODELS: Coming on in the early 90's, the belt drive has proven to be the quietest drive, PERIOD! Add in reliability and that is why it is the best out there. It does not require as much lubrication as a screw drive or a chain drive, making it require much less maintenance, operate quietly, and the best choice for your garage door. Genesis model 750 and 777 feature DC drive motors for the smoothest and quietist operation. The difference between the two models is the price, warranty, and features. The 750 is more of a standard belt drive model. The 777 model features an upgraded premium 3-function wall console and upgraded 3- button transmitters with a lifetime warranty.
Why Choose Genesis?
Look at our Standard Features
- DC Drive 1/2 horsepower motors are the best and quietest drive systems.
- Bright 100 watt lighting that will light up your garage and will turn off after 4 1/2 minutes.
- Security Guard 32 Bit Rolling Code Technology. No code grabbing and it will keep the thieves out!
- Home Link compatible. No repeaters necessary- easy to use the built-in button in your new car.
- Soft start/ Soft stop motor feature. Starts smoother when closing and stops smoother when opening to help your door last longer.
- Safety Signal Non-contact Photo Eye System stops the door when the invisible beam is broken.
- Emergency Quick Release which allows door to be operated manually.
- Up to 20 transmitters can be programmed to one unit if desired.
- Safer Auto- Learn Force Settings. In learn mode the unit sets required force to safely operate the door.
- Solid One Piece Steel HD Rail that is professional grade and not found at home centers.
- Dual Frequency Receiver System. The receiver chooses the strongest signal from two frequencies which will cut down on interference from unknown sources and makes for a more reliable performance. (Standard on all models in Spring 2015)